Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
david mcritchie david mcritchie is offline

Default What was that website again?

I think of Googling as meaning a web search,
and probably Google as well, I think I would say web search, or groups search,
but I think it was clear everyone was using the newsgroup search
http://groups.google.com/advanced_gr...Excel*&num=100

Take a look at my page on Formulas
Show FORMULA or FORMAT of another cell
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htmI

for a list of formulas see the related area at the bottom of the page.

I find the use GetFormula and it's variations much more practical
than a list of formulas, but for a list of formulas you are probably
referring to John Walkenbach's Creating a List of Formulas (Tip 37)

---
HTH,

"Audio_freak" wrote in message . 2.2...

Thanks, great tool to find history. I traced a little further in
history, but didn't find it. I must have read the page while reading
other messages.

Thanks again.

Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote in
:

Googling on your name, I found this thread about making new workbooks
from sheets.

May be the one you are referring to, although I don't see any URL to a
website other than Ron de Bruin's.

http://snipurl.com/6bgg

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On 11 May 2004 20:53:51 GMT, "Audio_freak"
wrote:

A while ago I had a question, and was referred to a website where
someone had all kinds of excel documents with macro's in them, as
examples.

Searching in the web just generates too much results, I can't find it
anymore.

Here's what I am looking for and once saw on that site:

A document with
- unsorted data in the first sheet, one column of which contains
various city names repeatedly coming back.
- a list of the city names in the second sheet
- a macro which creates separate sheets for each of the city names and
puts all the unsorted data into the relevant sheet.

I'd be very happy finding that again, now that I need it...

Thanks!

Peter