Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Auric__ Auric__ is offline

Default declaring a msgbox

On Tue, 11 May 2004 19:17:31 -0500, Tracey
wrote:

Hello, I'm writing my first function using both an inputbox and a
msgbox. Do I have to declare them at the beginning of the procedure?
i.e. dim msgbox as variant

Also, after doing this and using the F8 function to do a trial run
through the code to see how it executes, it appears that the sub word
at the beginning of the function causes a problem. Is it that this
cannot qualify as a subprocedure? What should I do instead?

Thank you in advance.
Tracey

The problem is that you're treating 'msgbox' as a variable - it's not,
it's a built-in function. The proper usage of msgbox is either of the
following two:
Msgbox "Message"
x = Msgbox ("Message")

The second one is what you use if you want to know what button was
pressed - there are named constants (VbOk, VbYes, etc) that identify
which one.
--
auric underscore underscore at hotmail dot com
*****