Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jamesd3rd jamesd3rd is offline

Default excel 2000 add-in causing delay issues

This is new territory for me because I know nothing about creatin
add-ins. I do however have to configure Excel 2000 to use an add-i
that was created by some one else.

Users launch an add-in to log onto a mainframe to retrieve accountin
information. With one user in particular, however, the mere presenc
of the add-in causes her Excel to respond very slowly. It take
upwards of 8 seconds for any data entered to show up in a cell.

If I go to toolsadd-ins and uncheck the box next to the problemati
add-in, Excel works normally. When I enable the add-in again, th
excessive delay issue returns.

This is a real annoying problem. What would cause this and how do
resolve it? Remember I don't know beans about how to create an add-i
or how they work.

Thank