Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Guillett[_4_] Don Guillett[_4_] is offline

Default how to hide #N/A ?

Just use what I sent and you will be happy
=IF(ISNA(LOOKUP(N3,$H$1:$H$8,$I$1:$I$8)),"",LOOKUP (N3,$H$1:$H$8,$I$1:$I$8))

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Steven" wrote in message
so it would seem my attempt at simplifying a formula has ended up making

it
even worse! thanks for the help guys, but i think it would be easier if i
used the original formula format, unless there's a simpler solution?

Many thanks,
Steve

"why does MS make such simple things so god damn complicated"

"Steven" wrote in message
i have change some formulars along the lines of this:

=LOOKUP(G13,MLS!B$2:B$112,MLS!C$2:C$112)

change to:

=LOOKUP(G13,paynumber,staffnames)

only problem now is i end up with rows and rows of #N/A's until data is
input, anyway to hide these like you can with zero values?

Many thanks,
Steve