Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro Needed Please

Put the code in A1

In B1

=SUMIF(Sheet1!A:A,A1,Sheet1!B:B)

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ant Nutting" wrote in message
Hi All

I hope that someone can help with my problem.
On "Sheet1" I have two columns, A = Code, B =Qty.
What happens is that i extract a large amount of data from a database to

my
excel worksheet.
These columns spoken about above, hold my information. What i need is a
summary of this information, let me explain with an example. Let us say

i'm
looking @ product "a", wich has the code "a". When i pull information out

of
the database there might be 20 rows of product "a". I need a macro that

adds
all the quantities (column B) for all instances of product "a", and puts

the
sum of those quantities into "Sheet2" Cell "B1", with the code next to it

on
Cell "A1". The macro then needs to look at the next item and place the
results under the previous ones on "sheet2".

I hope i have explained the problem in an undersandable way!
Thanks in advance
Ant