Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob van Gelder[_4_] Rob van Gelder[_4_] is offline

Default Index & Counta formula problem

One way might be to use MATCH

Assuming all values in B are greater than 0

=INDEX(B35:B39, MATCH(0, B35:B39, -1), 1)

"rleonard" wrote in message
My formula returns last value in column of numbers. If none of the cells

are blank between first entry and last entry,the
formula works. But if one cell is blank formula returns last entry before

blank cell. How can i modify formula to display
last entry even if their is a blank cell?
EXAMPLE:
b35 45
b36 50
b37 55
b38
b39

In above example formula returns 55 which is correct!

b35 45
b36
b37 55
b38
b39

In above example returns 45, I need it to return 55 as that is last entry!

Following is my formula:

=INDEX(B35:B39,COUNTA(B35:B39),1)

Thanks
Bob Leonard