Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett[_4_] Don Guillett[_4_] is offline

Default Using Date Ranges

Why not create a table and use vlookup(yourdate,table,2)
A B
5/31/01 A

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"tchillie" wrote in message
om...
I have a table of information in Excel. One of the columns is a date.
I would like to automatcally return a value if the date falls within
certain ranges. For example, if the date is between 1/1/01 and
5/31/01 then return "A." But if the date is between 6/1/01 and
5/31/02 then return "B." The problem I have is that the date ranges
cross years and are not always 365 days. I have done this using
formulas, but with 8 ranges, I have a nested IF statement with 7 If's.
Any suggestions using VBA?

If anyone wants more info, just let me know.