Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Arvi Laanemets Arvi Laanemets is offline

Default Running a Macro

Hi

There is a difference, do you use a button from Control Toolbox or Forms
Toolbar. For first, you select from dropdown menu 'View code' - an empty
OnClick event is created, and you can edit it. With another, you are asked
for procedure yo want the button to be assigned to, when you create button,
but you can assign the procedure later too. But you must have a macro
present in VBA module anyway - you can't assign non-existing macro to
command button from Forms toolbar.

--
Arvi Laanemets
(Don't use my reply address - it's spam-trap)

"Keith" wrote in message
Can anybody tell me how to run a macro from a command
Button.

Excel help says to select the button then right click and
select Assign Macro from the shortcut menu, but the menu
dosn't have such an option.

I am running Excel XP