Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pete McCOsh Pete McCOsh is offline

Default Referring to a column

Helen,

something along these lines should work for the first
twenty rows:

Sub CheckCol()

Dim X as integer

For X = 1 to 20

If Cells(1,x).value< "" Then
.. Do Your Thang Here ..
End If

Next X

End Sub

This will loop 20 times, looking at the the value in
Column A, row x each time - Cells(1,x).value - then
carrying out whatever action you require.

Cheers, Pete.