Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
david mcritchie david mcritchie is offline

Default Show formula in cell

I have a page on the topic, with some variations
GetFormula (similar to Ron's), GetFormulaD, GetFormat, etc.

Show FORMULA or FORMAT of another cell
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm
--
HTH,

"Rob van Gelder" wrote ...
Public Function FormulaText(rng As Range) As String
FormulaText = rng.Formula
End Function

Then in A2: =FormulaText(A1)

"Craig" wrote in message
I'm using Excel XP. When I enter a formula (sum, vlookup,
sumif, etc.) in cell A1, I'd like cell A2 to show the
actual formula text. So, A1 will show the results of the
formula, while A2 shows the actual formula itself.

So, for example, if cell C1=1 and cell C2=2 and I type
into A1 "=SUM(C1:C2)" the results will be as follows:

Cell A1 will show the result: 3
Cell A2 will show the formula text: "=SUM(C1:C2)"

I'm thinking there should be a way in VBA to return the
formula text somehow. I just don't know how to do it.

Thanks for any and all help.

C.