Bob Mc

All the above works great for referencing the title to a cell, but Excel
creates this as an absolute reference ($A$1), not a relative reference (A1).
I want the reference to be relative, so that if I copy the chart over
underneath a new set of columns, it automatically picks up the new title.
See my "I want chart source data to be relative references, not absolute"
post of 6/22/05 also. I believe Excel is adding the $ signs to enable the
charts to dragged around everywhere and still be linked to the original data.
However, on our spreadsheets this is of no benefit. But a chart with
relative references for source data and titles would save us a huge amount of
time and possible errors if we did not have to edit it every time we move or
copy it under another scenario of data. We do not want the chart forever
linked to a specific columns. We want the chart to reflect the info. in the
columns above it automatically. Is there any way to do this?