Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed[_18_] Ed[_18_] is offline

Default Setting OnAction of custom menu item?

Well, I was trying to present a workbook with no code in it. But I think I
can get away with some. Right now, though, I set OnAction in the Visual
Basic app as
.OnAction = "objWkbk.Sheet1!GetTIR"
where "objWkbk" is the Excel file opened by the VB app. But when I run the
macro in the workbook, I get the error "Can't find "objWkbk.Sheet1.xls".

The other thing I noticed is that, unlike double-clicking the icon on my
desktop, when the VB app opens this file, my Personal.xls doesn't open.
When I click a custom button tied to a macro in Personal, Personal has to
open and then the macro runs. But this macro is in this workbook - still I
wonder if something isn't messing with my VBA functions.

Ed

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
You could copy the macro into the workbook.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ed" wrote in message
Thanks, Bob. Time for Plan B.

Ed

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Ed,

It can't refer back to a VB App. Think about it, the VB app will run,

create
the toolbar and then finish. The button could be clicked at any time

after,
and there is no app to call back into.

You can run a macro in the same workbook, another workbook, and you

could
even have a macro that is simply a bridge into a DLL if you so wanted,

but
not your parent app as far as I can see.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ed" wrote in message
I'm using a Visual Basic app to open a workbook and set a custom

menu
in
it.
It works okay, as far as I have it (thanks to much help from the

Excel
and
VB NG gurus!). The idea driving this is to remove all code from the
workbook - it's causing errors for my users.

Now I need to set the OnAction property of my menu items. Must

OnAction
always refer to a macro in the workbook? Can I set OnAction to

refer
back
to a sub in the VB app? If this is possible, how would this look

when
coded?

Ed