Ron de Bruin

Hi steve

I reply with this

Why don't you use links ?

Maybe this will help
http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm

Other examples are on my tips page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

wrote in message oups.com...
Hi

Off to a bad start, my first post seems to have disappeared so her goes
again......

I am trying to put together a spreadsheet which collects summary data
from around 50 other workbooks [in case it is important I am running
excel 2002 SP3 on windows xp].

My first port of call was the indirect command, but this obviously only
works on open books. This lead me to indirect.ext in the morefunc
add-in. Sadly this just froze excel every time I typed in the command.
I then tried indirect2 the sequel by the same author, but this only
worked very occassionally.

I then came across the PULL function by Harlan Grove, which seemed to
be just the ticket, but sadly this only ever returns the #value error.
I have tried this in the most simple of scenarios (two workbooks, one
with numbers and the other with the pull command) but this also failed.

Can anyone offer any suggestions or am I doomed by a compatibility
issue and the high chance of leaping from the 7th floor window!

Many thanks
Steve