Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
kELLY kELLY is offline

Default Colours

-----Original Message-----
All i want to know is say you have a drop down list with
numbers 1, 2 and 3 then when you select 1 it makes the
whole row blue, select 2 it makes the whole row green,
select 3 it makes the whole row red.
I know how to make lists etc but not how to make it
automaticaly change the row colour.

Please Help

Sam
.
Another method for a non VB user might be...

Use conditional formating.

Example if the drop down was in A then select the row that
you want to formatt and then click Format/Conditional
Formatting Then chnage the condition 1 to formula and type
this formula in "=A1=1" then use the format button to
select the format you want... in thios case "red"

Then go on top condition 2 and again select formula as the
condition and type this formula "=A1=2" then use the
format button to determine the format to display when A1
is equal to 2 and so on.

HTH

Kelly

O ya I am using Excel 2000, not sure if it works on all
versions.