Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to check for availability activeX control

Can you not just set an object variable for the object, and test that it is
not Nothing.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Emile van Mierlo" wrote in message
Hello Group,

When distributing Excel projects with non-standard activeX controls I need
to make sure that they're installed before calling the control.

For example, the calendar control is a nice control, but it can be missed

if
not available. I would like to check if the calendar is available, and

only
then call it.

Does anybody know if this can be checked with Excel VBA, and how?

Thanks a lot.

Emile van Mierlo