Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike[_73_] Mike[_73_] is offline

Default Clear formulae

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote in message
Paul

thanks for raising this ... worth being aware of. The alternative

approach
of copy / paste special values would also have the same effect. I

guess it
can be avoided by cycling through the cells with formulae but I

expect this
would be a little slower than the original suggestion.

Sub FormulaeToValues3()
Dim cell As Range
For Each cell In

ActiveSheet.UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormu las, 23)
cell.Value = cell.Value
Next
End Sub

I don't think you can apply formatting to cells with a formula in

them so
this should be safe.

Regards

Trevor

Trevor,

I didn't have any trouble with the Copy - Paste Special method either
(97 & 2000). I don't think you even need to use a loop in this
situation. Something like:

With ActiveSheet.UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormu las)
.Value=.Value
End With

should also work.

-Mike