Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Links work inconsistently

This action is controlled by the setting in Tools=Options=Edit tab, Edit
directly in cell.

You probably don't have it checked. The people who are having problems
probably do have it checked.

Perhaps you should use hyperlinks or the hyperlink worksheet formula.

Tom Ogilvy

"Ron" wrote in message
My program uses a lot of links to other excel files. The links are

entered via cell formulats (="C:.....). When I am testing it on my
computer, everything works fine. When I post it to the LAN for all to use
(with appropriate LAN paths), when the linked cell is selected (cell
contains a formula link that launches the other sheet), nothing happens
except the link formula (which the cell contains) is opened for editing.
Guess somehow, when I post it, the links are being deactivated. I've tried
to format the cells as links but there's no such option.

???

Thanks much.

Ron