Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bruce Roberson[_5_] Bruce Roberson[_5_] is offline

Default Need new approach on forms I set up

Chris' suggested setup:
Whe
'Mysheet' is your sheets name
'commandbutton1' is your buttons name
CHANGE 'Range("a1")' to match the cell address

of 'name of the purchaser'

On Error Resume Next
If Sheets("MySheet").Range("a1").Value < "" then
Me.commandbutton1.Caption = Sheets("MySheet").Range

("a1").Value
End if

Bruce's attempt to implement above structu

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
On Error Resume Next
If Sheets("Sheet1").Range("Purchaser1").Value < "" Then
Me.OptInput1.Caption = Sheets("Sheet1").Range
("Purchaser1").Value

Ok, this is how I put it in and nothing happened as to the
caption, so somehow I either did not put it in the correct
place, or there is some other detail I have missed.

To get to where I put the code in, I clicked Tools, Macro,
Visual Basic Explorer, then View Project Explorer, and
double clicking the form in question (FrmInput). This
brought up a code window with

Private Sub UserForm(Initialize)

That is where I put the code listed above, but nothing
happened, no messages, no caption change, nothing, nada...

Where did I miss the boat?

Thanks,

Bruce