Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dick Kusleika[_3_] Dick Kusleika[_3_] is offline

Default Macro for Excel / Outlook

Cromorin

Fairly complex, but not to worry. I can walk you through it and once you're
done it will seem easy. Start here

http://www.dicks-clicks.com/excel/olTask.htm

That will give you the basics of how to create a task in Outlook. You'll
need to loop through all the cells that you want to make into a task. It
will look something like this

Dim cell As Range
Dim olRec as Outlook.RecurrancePattern

For Each cell in Range("A1",Range("A1").End(xlDown)).Cells
With olTask
.Subject = cell.Value
.DueDate = cell.Offset(0,1).Value
Set olRec = .GetRecurrancePattern
etc...
End With
Next cell

See what you can come up with. Then, if you want, send me your workbook and
I'll help you write the macro.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

"Cormorin " wrote in message

I am a very new user of VBA but I am trying to do the following:

I am try to develop a macro which will generate task items with
reminders for each of the records held on an excel file. ie I need to
undertake specific tasks on a regular frequency so would like outlook
to remind me.

The records contain a location (column A) which should form the
subject, a date (col B) and a frequency (col C) which added together
will form the reminder date for the task. There are over 100 records so
I am looking to produce a macro which will produce the equivalent tasks
(all with the same catergory in outlook "Inspections").

A second macro will then do the same thing but only for highlighted
records.

Anyone have any suggestions ? Is this a complex macro ? :(

---