Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jake Marx[_3_] Jake Marx[_3_] is offline

Default Function GetActiveWindow Lib "user32"

Hi Jac,

Jac Tremblay wrote:
That is very interesting. I tried your code and it's rather straight
forward. But how come one does not have to declare something like
"Private Declare Function GetActiveWindow Lib "user32" () As Long" in
the screen window code declaration section?

This code is automating the Shell - it is not calling API functions (such as
GetActiveWindow) directly.

Another question: Why,
when I create a new folder, I can specify its new name only at the
root? If not at the root, the folder gets automatically the name "New
Folder" with no feed back.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here. Keep in mind that we can't see
your code unless you post it. <g

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com