Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frank Kabel Frank Kabel is offline

Default VBA...How do you state a carriage return?

Hi
could you post your current code.
sounds like your date values are transfered qas text and not as date
values

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Hi all.
I`m new here & a VBA novice "winging it" as I go with a copy of John
Walkenbachs Excell 2002 Power Programming with VBA tightly tucked
under my arm.

This is a simple issue <I hope But i haventgot a clue howw to do it.

I have a module that transfers dates from one workbook into another.
The receiving Workbook uses the dates as a start date & end date.
These dates then kick off some simple conditional formatting that
builds a colur block relating to a time span.

OK...so doing it manually it all works ...as it should & the span bar
is created. Easy.

The VBA code works & the dates are plotted to the correct cells & the
cell formatting is ok.

The issue is that as VBA transfers the data...there is no recogniused
carriage return for the conditional formatting to know to start. If I
click into the cell at the end of the date & press return..the
conditional formatting works.

Therfore my question is if I use a cell.select statement how do I

tell
it to do a carriage return?

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? How did you get around
it?
Any advice anyone can offer is greatly appreciated....& will save me
from going bald from ripping my hair out. Thanks;)

---