Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
woz999[_2_] woz999[_2_] is offline

Default VBA...How do you state a carriage return?

Hi all.
I`m new here & a VBA novice "winging it" as I go with a copy of Joh
Walkenbachs Excell 2002 Power Programming with VBA tightly tucked unde
my arm.

This is a simple issue <I hope But i haventgot a clue howw to do it.

I have a module that transfers dates from one workbook into another
The receiving Workbook uses the dates as a start date & end date. Thes
dates then kick off some simple conditional formatting that builds
colur block relating to a time span.

OK...so doing it manually it all works ...as it should & the span ba
is created. Easy.

The VBA code works & the dates are plotted to the correct cells & th
cell formatting is ok.

The issue is that as VBA transfers the data...there is no recogniuse
carriage return for the conditional formatting to know to start. If
click into the cell at the end of the date & press return..th
conditional formatting works.

Therfore my question is if I use a cell.select statement how do I tel
it to do a carriage return?

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? How did you get aroun
it?
Any advice anyone can offer is greatly appreciated....& will save m
from going bald from ripping my hair out. Thanks;