Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed[_18_] Ed[_18_] is offline

Default Checking for duplicate data

Hi, Jeremy. Have a look at Chip Pearson's website
(http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.htm) and Debra Dalgleish
(http://www.contextures.com).

Ed

"Jeremy" wrote in message
Hi, I have already posted a question on this but am still struggling with

it.

I have a spreadsheet which has the cells in a row populated by code from

from in a source sheet using the following:

With worksheets("Deals")

Set rng = .cells(Rows,Count,1).End(x1up) (2)
End with

rng.Offset(0,0).Value= Worksheets("Sheet1").Range ("Customer")
rng.Offset(0,1).Value= Worksheets("Sheet1").Range ("Date")

etc for the rest of the cells in the row.

I need the code to check the target sheet to ensure that the content from

the source sheet is not already present in a previous row. i.e avoid
duplicating information in the target. If so an eroor message is to be
displayed and the operation cancelled.