Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Open Excel file on a remote server

If the data is strictly formatted and you know the data structures you could
use ADO and SQL to extract what you want.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Adam" wrote in message
I have an Excel file that I am keeping on a server that I would like to

have my users open. The problem with this file is that it is 35 megs and one
of the users is on a VPN somewhere 2000 miles away. To make matters worse,
the data in the file is changed everyday so users need to reload the file
everyday. I'm sure you see the inherent problem with d/ling a 35 meg file
every day. The solution I see to get around this is if I can extract
specific cells worth of data as that is all the user needs. So, I would like
to open the Excel file on the server for reading without actually having to
download the entire file. Is this possible? If not, are there any other
solutions?