View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
external usenet poster

Default Break monitoring workbook

Hi All,

I have made a Employee Break Monitoring Sheet which has 31 sheets for the 31 days (e.g "Apr_1_04") of a month & a Final Sheet which will show the Total Break Calculations for all Employees.

In a 9:30 hr shift, there is a 1st 15 min break, 2nd 30 mins break & 3rd again a 15 mins break. that totals upto 1hr break for every employee. so 9.30-1 = 8.30 hr is the productivity time they have to spend every day at work.

To achieve this, for every employee, i have made a specific workbook to calculate his downtime. so for 200 employees i have made 200 workbook. each workbook is around 1mb in size, so it takes up a lot of network drive space, which i donot want to happen.

Now, I have used Command Buttons (using Control Toolbox, not the Forms Toolbar) on each Employee worksheet (all for 31 sheets) like this:
| Logout | | Login |
|___________________| |__________________|

______________2nd Break_________________
| Logout | | Login |

______________3rd Break__________________
| Logout | | Login |
On click the Command Buttons enable property is made false, & its caption property shows the Date & Time he logged in, so he/she cannot click the Button again & manipulate the time. Please note Final sheet protected.

Private Sub CommandButton1_click()
CommandButton1.Caption=Time
CommandButton1.Enable=False
Worksheets("Final").Activate
Range.Cells("c5").value=Time
End Sub
Similary, for other buttons, but here the format value entered on Final Sheet will be just Short Format e.g. "hh:mm".

Q1] Instead of making 200 Workbooks, Could i not make only 1 Shared Workbook with suppose say, 1 Entry sheet which will contain the above buttons, & also will show a ListBox which will show the users logged in to the worksheet & 31 Sheets for 31 days, containing usernames along with their breaktimes for that day & a Final Sheet which will show the usernames & their monthly logged in break times & productivity hours
But is it possible for the buttons to show different time to different users & change their state when multiple users are accessing the same buttons at the same time. IS IT POSSIBLE?

Is there a Better Alternative to this Idea which will make sense? Also, the reason for the ListBox is so that the users can click their respective names & then click the buttons to register their break time in the final sheet for that day.

There is a Coding for the listbox found in Excel which i want to use :
Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)
Users = ActiveWorkbook.UserStatus

With Workbooks.Application.Worksheets(2)
For row = 1 To UBound(Users, 1)
.Cells(row, 1) = Users(row, 1)
.Cells(row, 2) = Users(row, 2)
Select Case Users(row, 3) 'this is not required & can be removed.
Case 1
.Cells(row, 3).Value = "Exclusive"
Case 2
.Cells(row, 3).Value = "Shared"
End Select
Next
End With

End Sub

HOW TO GO ABOUT IT? Anybody with some really bright ideas, which will save me time, space & memory & also will make the worksheets secure, so that nobody can change the time once they have clicked the buttons.

Awaiting a favourable response.

Eijaz