Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rob Bovey Rob Bovey is offline

Default Border VBA

Hi Seamus,

I found that when I tried your code of:
Range("DCard1:DCard1a").BorderAround
it didn't do anything to the range and even after adding
(xlContinuous)

Yep, I screwed up. The LineStyle argument is required.

it only put a border around the whole selection
rather than round each cell in the selection.
Am I missing something?

The code in the original post was only surounding the entire range with
a border. If you want every cell within the range to have a border you have
to add two more lines:

With Range("DCard1:DCard1a")
.BorderAround xlContinuous
.Borders(xlInsideVertical).LineStyle = xlContinuous
.Borders(xlInsideHorizontal).LineStyle = xlContinuous
End With

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

"SOS " wrote in message
Rob,

I found that when I tried your code of:

Range("DCard1:DCard1a").BorderAround

it didn't do anything to the range and even after adding

(xlContinuous)

to the end of the line it only put a border around the whole selection
rather than round each cell in the selection.

Am I missing something?

Regards

Seamus

---