Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ruan[_3_] Ruan[_3_] is offline

Default Cell Formulas vs. VBA

Hello Rick,

I actually have the following books -
1) VBA for Dummies
2) Excel 2002 Formulas - Walkenbach
3) Excel 2002 Power Programming with VBA - Walkenbach

I have written simple VBA macros, but I realize there is a great deal more I
need to learn. My company owns 25 medical facilities in California, and I
have convinced my boss to invest in my department to develop an application
with Visual Studio .NET into a SQL database.

Thanks
Ruan

"Rick" wrote in message
The way to get started, is to get some easy-to-learn books
and be persistent. It takes years to learn programming.
No matter how hard or how boring at times, you keep at
it. All of the sudden, it starts making sense.

You might first start with one of Excel workbooks that
contain formulas, that you have. As a fun project, try to
convert it to a program with VBA. I'm sure a lot of
people here would help you get through the bottlenecks.

People make fun of me when I say this, but I admit to
using one of the yellow Dummies books. I first was using
the Learn-VBA-In-21-Days book, and then found the Dummies
book (Visual Basic 3 for Dummies) filled in the gaps for
me. I'm self-taught and now am very advanced. I got
there by swallowing my pride and starting with the most
simple books.

Rick