Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
chad chad is offline

Default Repaint causes form to flicker

I created a user form which has a calandar on it for the user to enter a date and then click a button to run a macro. I also have a progress indicator on it which displays the four or five steps the macro takes and has a percentage next to it indicating how far along it is. I have screenupdating off and use the repaint feature to update the percentage. The problem is that the repaint causes the form to flicker a lot. Is there a way around this

The progress indicator may be a crude way of doing it
for count = 1 to activesheet.usedrange.rows.coun
a=a+
userform.label = format(a/count,"0%"
userform.repain
code..

I thought I might make a new form for the progress indication (currently the progress indication is a part of the user form). Is there a better way BESIDES the application.statusbar ? Thanks