Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chris Chris is offline

Default Problems with date format in userforms

I am not sure which is the problem: the format when you enter a date, or how a date is Formatted in the textbox, so try this

Convert To your format in the textboxes Afterupdate event

Private Sub TB_A1_SDt_AfterUpdate(
If Not IsDate(Me.TB_A1_SDt.Text) The
MsgBox ("Must be a valid Date!"
Me.TB_A1_SDt.Text = ""
End i
Me.TB_A1_SDt.Text = Format(Me.TB_A1_SDt.Text, "dd/mm/yyyy")
End Su

----- Brian C wrote: ----

I'm having trouble with dates entered via a userform. When
I enter a date in the format dd/mm/yyyy everything is ok.
I then go and work out the work days between the 2 dates
entered. When I next enter the form it shows my date in
the format mm/dd/yyyy and if I don't notice and re-enter
the date I work out the wrong work days

What do I need to do to get around this problem

Data entered from a userform doesn't seem to take any
notice of cell format definitions. The cell is defined as
date of type 14/03/2001

The user enters a start and end date then clicks a button
which has the associated code

If Not IsDate(Me.TB_A1_SDt.Text) The
MsgBox ("Must be a valid Date!"
Me.TB_A1_SDt.Text = "
Me.TB_A1_SDt.SetFocu
Els
If Not IsDate(Me.TB_A1_ED.Text) The
MsgBox ("Must be a valid Date!"
Me.TB_A1_ED.Text = "
Me.TB_A1_ED.SetFocu
Els
Sheets("AutumnHT1").Cells(2, 1).Formula = CVDat
(UserForm1.TB_A1_SDt.Text
Sheets("AutumnHT1").Cells(1, 4).Formula = CVDat
(UserForm1.TB_A1_ED.Text
Unload UserForm
Load UserForm
UserForm2.Sho
Exit Su
End I
End I

End Su

I needed to use the CVDATE function to ensure that it was
copied from the userform to the cell as a valid date
otherwise it was text