Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Sportiva Sportiva is offline

Default Having trouble importing CSV files with a macro

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with a small amount of VB code I've written fo
use with Excel on my mac (Excel X). I need to prompt the user to selec
a particular CSV file, copy it, and paste it into the current workshee
I'm using.

When I open the CSV file i'm using it populates it correctly, but a
soon as I use the macro some of the cells end up being merged into on
cell. Am i using the correct datatype for CSV? If so, has anyone go
any other ideas as to what might be wrong?

Sub Test()

Dim sImportFile

sImportFile = Application.GetOpenFilename
Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=sImportFile, DataType:=xlDelimited
Comma:=True
ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Select
Selection.Copy
ActiveWorkbook.Close
Worksheets("Marks and Grades").Range("A1").Activate
ActiveSheet.Paste

End Sub

Thanks a lot in advance,

Lia