Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ruan[_3_] Ruan[_3_] is offline

Default Cell Formulas vs. VBA

Hello,

I have an excel workbook that has a worksheet that consists of 30 columns
with 1000 rows.

One of my main columns of input is the Admit Date of a Patient. From the
Admit Date, various Due Dates are generated at specific points in time
(ie.14 days, 30 days, 60 days etc)

So, I would have a formula as follows -
=IF(AND(Patient_Name<"",Admit_Date<""),Admit_Dat e+30,"")

My question is, which direction is more efficient -
1) Creating formulas that are copied for 1000 rows or
2) Creating VBA code that only enters the result once an input has been
entered in the Admit Date column.

I am trying to figure out ways to reduce my 10 Mbs excel workbook.

Thanks
Ruan