Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Last cell

As the owner said to me when I was walking through the China shop: You break
it, you bought it.

And that's no bull!

Debra Dalgleish wrote:

You mean "the code on Deb's site" <g

Dave Peterson wrote:
Ahhh.

I thought you were saying that there was something wrong with Deb's code
(gasp!).

Leo Heuser wrote:

I know that, Dave.
My point was, that it might be possible to use

Set DummyRange = Sheets(SomeName).UsedRange

in connection with the *SpecialCells method* to reset
UsedRange for a sheet.

LeoH

"Dave Peterson" skrev i en meddelelse

Actually, Deb's code:

For Each wks In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
With wks
myLastRow = 0
myLastCol = 0
Set dummyRng = .UsedRange

is in the middle of a "for each" loop, so it'll get all the worksheets in

that

activeworkbook.

Leo Heuser wrote:

Hi Dave

I have not tested it thouroughly, but it looks like the line

Set DummyRange = Sheets(SomeName).UsedRange

resets UsedRange for the corresponding sheet.

Try this code:

Sub TestForLastCell()
'Leo Heuser, 25 Apr. 2004
'In an empty sheet enter data in J12 and M20
'and run TestForLastCell from that sheet
Dim Sh As Worksheet

Set Sh = ActiveSheet

'LastCell is M20
MsgBox "Last cell is " & Sh.Cells.SpecialCells(xlLastCell).Address

Sh.Rows("13:20").Delete

'LastCell should now be J12, but...
MsgBox "Last cell is still " &

Sh.Cells.SpecialCells(xlLastCell).Address

Call ResetUsedRange(Sh)

'UsedRange is reset and LastCell is correct (J12)
MsgBox "Last cell is now " &

Sh.Cells.SpecialCells(xlLastCell).Address

End Sub

Sub ResetUsedRange(Sh As Worksheet)
Dim DummyRange As Range
Set DummyRange = Sh.UsedRange

Best Regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

"Dave Peterson" skrev i en meddelelse

And sometimes hitting ctrl-end or using Leo's code will go further

down or

the right than you expected.

You can try to reset the last cell by using techniques at Debra

Dalgleish's

site:

Dave Peterson

--