Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Referencing a fixed cell in VBA using an IF statement

Sorry for some reason I read the if as $C$1, should be

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(RC[-4]=""h"",R1C19,""K"")"

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Hi Neill,

I think this is what you want

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(R1C3=""h"",R1C19,""K"")"

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Neil Crawford" wrote in message
Dear all,

I'd be grateful for some advice on how to reference a
fixed cell in a formula that I wish to copy down a row of
cells.

I'm writing some code to put a formula into a cell using
an If statement. I want to pick up a value from a cell
that is anchored ($S$1) but I can't seem to get it
correct in the formula. I've also tried setting it up as
a variable but that doesn't work either. The code below
works except for the "=$S$1" part.

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=IF((RC[-4]= ""h,"=$s$1",""K"")"

Any guidance would be gratefully received!

thanks,

Neil