Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Need new approach on forms I set up

Private Sub Userform_Initialize()
Optionbutton1.Caption = Range("Company_Name").Value

Tom Ogilvy

"Bruce Roberson" wrote in message
I am going through and adapting one of my first projects I
wrote for myself last summer when I was first learning to
work with Excel VB. It had all these print forms on it
that I now need to adapt to another user.

On one of these print forms, I had hard coded a caption
name of "Oneok" in this case to match as an identifier on
the invoice I was printing for that option button.

I could change the caption to read "Virginia Power" but if
the name of the purchaser ever changes, which it will,
then the user would have to go into the properties of the
form and change the caption. I know that is no good, so I
need to know how to maybe link that caption name in that
form to a range name perhaps, and it needs to update
itself whenever the form in question is called.

Can someone help get me started with this approach, or
maybe ask me enough questions to where they can suggest
another approach for what I'm trying to adapt to another
user's work in this case.

Thanks,

Bruce