Jim Cone

Pat,

The code only worked for me on older versions of phone dialer.
I had to copy all the phone dialer files from Windows NT4 into XP
(in a separate folder) to get it to work.

Regards,
Jim Cone (JBC)
San Francisco, USA

"Pat" wrote in message
The following code to phone an number via the dialer is not working
correctly:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
'Sub CellToDialer() 'John Walkenbach
' Transfers active cell contents to Dialer
' And then dials the phone
' Modified by Jim Cone on Jan 18, 2002

Dim CellContents As String 'JBC
Dim AppName As String 'JBC
Dim AppFile As String 'JBC
Dim TaskID As Variant 'JBC
' Get the phone number
CellContents = ActiveCell.Value
If CellContents = "" Then
MsgBox "Select a cell that contains a phone number.", _
vbInformation 'JBC
Exit Sub
End If
' Activate (or start) Dialer
AppName = "C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386"
'AppName = "Dialer"
' USE THE FULL FILE PATH APPLICABLE TO YOUR OPERATING SYSTEM 'JBC
AppFile = "C:\Program Files\Windows NT\dialer.exe" 'JBC
On Error Resume Next
' This activates the dialer if it showing on the desktop 'JBC
AppActivate (AppName)
If Err.Number < 0 Then
Err = 0
' This activates the dialer by opening(running) the file 'JBC
TaskID = Shell(AppFile, vbNormalFocus)
If Err < 0 Then
MsgBox "Can't start " & AppFile, vbExclamation 'JBC
Exit Sub 'JBC
End If 'JBC
End If
' Transfer cell contents to Dialer
Application.SendKeys "%n" & CellContents, True
' Click Dial button
Application.SendKeys "%d"
' Application.SendKeys "{TAB}~", True
' Selects the next telephone number in the column. 'JBC
ActiveCell(2, 1).Select 'JBC
' The macro button must now be clicked twice to dial the next 'JBC
' number in the column.
End Sub

I have entered the AppName = "C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386" as the full
path name is this correct? I am using Office 2003 running on Windows

The Phone Dialer window opens but the number does not dial. I have made a
phone call directly in Phone Dialer without difficulty.

Another thing that puzzles me is when an number is highlighted in excel and
the code is run a copy of the phone number is entered into the cell
immediately below.
Anyone know what is happening here?
Thanks
Pat