Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SmilingPolitely SmilingPolitely is offline

Default deleting last 4 characters from file name

try something like:

stOldName = Left(ThisWorkbook.Name, Len(ThisWorkbook.Name) - 4)

Hans wrote:
I have the following macro for saving a file under the
existing name with "For Reporting" added to it:

Sub SaveAsReporting()
Dim stOldName As String
Dim stNewName As String
stOldName = ThisWorkbook.FullName
stNewName = stOldName & " For Reporting"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs stNewName
End Sub

However, the new name also includes the extension ".xls"
("filename.xls For Reporting") and I don't like that. Is
there a simple way to save the file without the ".xls"?

Hans