Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Spam Hater Spam Hater is offline

Default How to replace a macro with an addin??

I've searched/sorted through 60,000 messages here, but didn't find an
solution to my problem.

I created my first VBA macro in a particular spreadsheet and it works
great. So great that I've been requested to share it with others. I
generated an .xla file with the macros in it and have successfully
used my function from there and shared it with others.

The problem: I can't remove the local macro module from the original
spreadsheet and use the addin. When I remove the original VBA module,
all reference to the function result in #NAME and will not recognize
the function from the AddIn (which is selected in the Tools/AddIn
menu).

I'm using Excel 2002 (from Office XP).

Thanks,
Spam Hater