Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
marty6[_7_] marty6[_7_] is offline

Default Help with vba coding/userform....

Hi guys,

Hate to post this again but I still need help on a vba userform.
Here's what I have so far thanks to Bob Phillips. :) I have modifie
the programming that he is helping me with. This is what I have s
far:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
IncDec txt1Add, True
IncDec txt1Subtract, true
End Sub

Private Sub IncDec(textbox As msforms.textbox, Increment As Boolean)
Dim iItem As Long

iItem = Evaluate("Match(" & txt1Add.Text & ",A1, 0)")
If iItem Then
If Increment Then
Cells(2, 1).Value = Cells(2, 1).Value + 1

Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
End
End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Click()

Here's part of my layout on my spreed sheet:

A1 has 1001.01
B1 has 1001.02
C1 has 1001.03

A2 has 10
B2 has 10
C2 has 10

What I'm trying to do is create a userform with inputboxes that wil
allow 1001.01(A1) to update 10(A2). The form has will have 7 boxe
under the word Add on the userform and 7 boxes under the word Subtract
I would like to be able to input 1001.01 in any of the add boxe
inorder to update A2. And also be able to type in 1001.02 in any o
the Add boxes and update only B2. These ("1001.01") type of number
represent section numbers and the 10 numbers or any number in colum
two will represent amounts. I could have all the section numbers i
column A and all the updatable quantity numbers in column B. Is ther
a way in order to this to work? Is there a way of using Match item i
column A and update corresponding cell in column b by "1". If
section number is enter in an inputbox on the userforum under th
subtract column, then the opposite effect would happen. Th
corresponding cell would decrease.

With this part of the program I modified:
iItem = Evaluate("Match(" & txt1Add.Text & ",A1, 0)")
If iItem Then
If Increment Then
Cells(2, 1).Value = Cells(2, 1).Value + 1

When I put "1001.01" in the txt1Add input box, the Cell A2 gets update
by 1.

I added the following, but got a debugging error:

iItem = Evaluate("Match(" & txt1subtract.text & ",A1, 0)")
If iItem Then
If Increment Then
Cells(2, 1).Value = Cells(2, 1).Value + 1

Is there a way to have it as such:

(for the add boxes)
List:
If 1001.01(A1) then add 1 to b1