Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Macro to save worksheet

If this lcase(thisworkbook.name,4) = ".xls" then
ChDir "C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\" & _
application.Substitute(thisworkbook.name,".xls",". txt"), _
FileFormat:=xlText, CreateBackup:=False

End if

Tom Ogilvy

"RSVP" wrote in message
I need help writing a macro that I can place in a .xlt file.

The .xlt file is modified and saved as a .xls file.The macro will allow me

to automatically save a worksheet from the workbook as a tab delimited text
file with the same name as the .xls file without prompting for a file name.

Current macro that I am using is:

ChDir "C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\" & InputBox("File Name

?"), _
FileFormat:=xlText, CreateBackup:=False

Thanks