Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bill[_24_] Bill[_24_] is offline

Default Activate Chart

Hello,

Background:
I created a spreadsheet that is linked to an MS Access table. The
spreadsheet contains a pivot report and pivot chart. A custom chart
was created and saved.

Objective:
When the users open the spreadsheet, I always want the chart to open
with the custom format. I also always want the custom chart format
whenever they change the values in the PivotChart field buttons.

Approach:
I recorded a macro and used the code to insert the following:

Private Sub Chart_Activate()
ActiveChart.ApplyCustomType ChartType:=xlUserDefined,
TypeName:="MyChart1"
End Sub

Private Sub Chart_Calculate()
ActiveChart.ApplyCustomType ChartType:=xlUserDefined,
TypeName:="MyChart1"
End Sub

Problem:
When I work with the chart in the area where I am developing it, all
works well. When copied over to a different share on the network, I'm
getting a Run Time Error 1004.

I am wondering if there is a permissions problem, or if there is a
problem with the custom chart i created and saved.

I'm a newbie at this. Any thoughts or suggestions would be
appreciated.
thanks,
Bill