Karl Burrows

Default Extract Unique Values, Then Extract Again to Remove Suffixes

I have a list of builders where I want to extract all the unique values.
Using =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:A1,A1)=1,A!,"") works fine to get the first set of
unique values, but I need to extract it a bit further. The builder names
may be Ryan 50, Ryan 60 or just Ryan. I need to combine those values to
come up with the final list of unique builders that just says Ryan. I'm not
sure if I can strip off anything from the end as some are Ryan - Greenbrier.
I thought maybe removing everything to the right of a blank space, but those
entries have 2 blanks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!