Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
marta marta is offline

Default blank cells

Hello,
What I would like to do is go through a list in excel. If
the cell is blank, then the value above the blank cell
should be pasted onto that cell. The process i've written
works for only the cell that is right below the value.
What if there is more than one blank cell?
I started experimenting with setting up a conditional
statement If Null, Then... but it does not seem to work.
How can I differentiate between blank cells and cells with
values in my code?
thanks for your help!
Marta

Dim blankcell As Integer

blankcell = 1

Dim ticker As String

ticker = Cells(blankcell, 1)

Do Until Cells(blankcell, 1) = "Totals"

If Cells(blankcell, 1) = Null Then

blankcell = blankcell - 1
Cells(blankcell, 1).Select
Selection.Copy
blankcell = blankcell + 1
Cells(blankcell, 1).Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues,
Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _
False, Transpose:=False

Else

If Cells(blankcell, 1) = ticker And Cells(blankcell,
1).Offset(1, 0) = "" Then
Cells(blankcell, 1).Select
Selection.Copy

blankcell = blankcell + 1