Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
alainB[_10_] alainB[_10_] is offline

Default Maximum length of a line?

Hi,

Thanks!

I don't need to put this line on a cell.

On my invoice sheet, there is a maximum of 37 cell containing data tha
I need to sto Invoice number, date, name , quantity, etc., yo
know!

I just made a test after posting:

for i= 1 to 100000
line = line & "a"
next
open "test.txt" for output as #1
print #1, line
close

and it work. I did not count the number of '"a" in test.txt but ther
sure was a lot.

So that is the way I put my line in my storing file. Of course I put
separator between each data. I use "~" for that purpose.

For now, I don't do nothing with this file. Later, I will retreive dat
for accounting or other purpose.

Do you think it would be wiser to store those data in another sheet o
the workbook instead of dealing with data file like I am doing now.

When I open my invoice.xls, it first read my data file to get the las
invoice that was saved. It get is new invoice number from tha
information. The first data of each line is the saved invoice number.

How would you do that in a sheet. that is how to put the information o
the sheet one invoice after another and then how to retreive the las
invoice number used. This is something I don't know how to do.

Thanks again

Alai