Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ServiceChris[_2_] ServiceChris[_2_] is offline

Default Complex Match problem

Sorry, I guess I didn't actually explain what I was trying to do wit
the information.

I have two different uses.

1. A customer phones up, and asks for the phone number of their loca
business. I would like to be able to type the business code into on
cell, the postcode into the next, and have the one unique match fo
that combination found, and the 3 relevant columns returned (name
address & phone number).

2. I get sent lists of work, with post codes on them. This mont
there were over 100 items. For each item, I need to take the postcod
& look up the local business. From there I can add a column to th
work list with the business name. Once I've done that, I can use
macro to split the list into worksheets per business and email the
on.

The master address book has many columns (40 or 50 at last count), an
lots of rows (several hundred). So as you can imagine, manual searche
are not the best way of doing things.

Hope that makes sense.

Chri