Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Rech Jim Rech is offline

Default Does anyone know why this won't work?

I'd modify the example for a carriage return to look like this:

Sub a()
Dim AllText As String
Dim Cell As Range
For Each Cell In Selection
AllText = AllText & Cell.Value & Chr(10)
Next
''Remove last CR
AllText = Left(AllText, Len(AllText) - 1)
MsgBox AllText

Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Jason" wrote in message

| I was hoping to avoid any type of loop, but it didn't seem to slow
anything down. It works great. Thanks a lot to all of you. Sending Emails
this way saves me a lot of time.
| I just had one thought though. Is there a way to insert a return instead
of a space in the code you gave me?
| AllText = AllText & " " & Cell.Value
| ----- Jim Rech wrote: -----
|
| This time it returns the top left cell.value of the range I select
|
| Right, so echoing what Jake said, you can only use .Value with one
cell. If
| you want to have the text of multiple cells get into the message
you'll have
| to build up a string of each cell's text first, and then assign it to
| BodyText. A simple example:
|
| Sub a()
| Dim AllText As String
| Dim Cell As Range
| For Each Cell In Selection
| AllText = AllText & " " & Cell.Value
| Next
| MsgBox AllText
| End Sub
|
| I've added a space between each cell's text. You may or may not need
that.

| --
| Jim Rech
| Excel MVP
| "Jason" wrote in message
| |
| | That is more progress than I had. This time it returns the top
left
| cell.value of the range I select.
| | ----- Jim Rech wrote: -----
| |
| | It looks like it should work (without running it). Does using:
| |
| | gwMessage.BodyText = TxtRange.Cells(1).Value
| |
| | help?
| |
| | --
| | Jim Rech
| | Excel MVP
| | "Jason" wrote in message
| | | Everything works fine if I use text for
| | gwMessage.BodyText="adkfasldjfasdfasdfs" but if I use an
| inputbox for
| | user prompt and go (TxtRange= an input box)
gwMessage.BodyText=
| TxtRange
| | I get an error.
| | |
| | | Does anyone know how to have the user click on the text that
they
| want
| | sent. My input box works on other appliations for text, I don't
see
| why it
| | won't work with this?
| | |
| | |
| | | Private Sub CommandButton7_Click()
| | | Dim gwMessage As GroupwareTypeLibrary.Message2
| | | Dim gwaccount As GroupwareTypeLibrary.Account2
| | | Dim gwapp As GroupwareTypeLibrary.Application
| | | Dim gwattach As GroupwareTypeLibrary.Attachment
| | | Dim rs As Variant
| | | Dim WhoTo As String
| | | Dim Person As String
| | | Dim TxtRange As Range
| | | Dim Cancel As Boolean
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | | If Application.UserName = "Jason" Then
| | |
| | |
| | | WhoTo = InputBox("Name?", "Send EMail")
| | | If Cancel Then
| | | Exit Sub
| | | End If
| | |
| | | If WhoTo = "Jason" Then
| | | Person = "
| | | End If
| | |
| | | Set gwapp = CreateObject("NovellGroupWareSession")
| | | Set gwaccount = gwapp.Login(MyUserName, , MyPassword)
| | | Set gwMessage = gwaccount.MailBox.Messages.add
| | |
| | | Set TxtRange = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Click on the text
you
| want
| | sent", Title:="Text Selection", Type:=8)
| | | TxtRange.Select
| | | gwMessage.BodyText = TxtRange
| | |
| | | gwMessage.Subject = "Spreadsheet Stuff"