Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional formatting & interior color

Conditional formatting does not set the Interior.Colorindex property.

You need to look at the FormatConditions for the cell.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Paul S Panoff" wrote in message ...
I have a cell defined with a conditional format that when the value is <0 the cell is filled in Yellow.
After the form has been completed by the user, they press a "Done" button. The button has code to check for errors. I was trying to check for errors by looking for yellow cells but have not been successful. Here is the code I'm using.

If Worksheets("Kern Form").Range(Cells(RowIndx, ColIndx), Cells(RowIndx, ColIndx)) _
.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Then <-- using this there is never an error
' .FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Then <-- using this there is always an error
ErrorFnd = True
End If

What SHOULD I be checking?

Thank You all in advance!