Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jake Marx[_3_] Jake Marx[_3_] is offline

Default Does anyone know why this won't work?

Hi Jason,

It depends on what the user selects. An InputBox of type=8 will return a
Range object. The default property of a Range is the Value property. So
your line of code

gwMessage.BodyText = TxtRange

will attempt to get the Value property of the Range TxtRange and assign that
value to the BodyText property of gwMessage. If the user selects more than
one cell, then the Value property will fail. If you want to allow for a
multi-cell selection, you may have to get a little more explicit in your
code.

Jake Marx
MS MVP - Excel
www.longhead.com

Jason wrote:
Everything works fine if I use text for
gwMessage.BodyText="adkfasldjfasdfasdfs" but if I use an
inputbox for user prompt and go (TxtRange= an input box)
gwMessage.BodyText= TxtRange I get an error.

Does anyone know how to have the user click on the text that they
want sent. My input box works on other appliations for text, I don't
see why it won't work with this?

Private Sub CommandButton7_Click()
Dim gwMessage As GroupwareTypeLibrary.Message2
Dim gwaccount As GroupwareTypeLibrary.Account2
Dim gwapp As GroupwareTypeLibrary.Application
Dim gwattach As GroupwareTypeLibrary.Attachment
Dim rs As Variant
Dim WhoTo As String
Dim Person As String
Dim TxtRange As Range
Dim Cancel As Boolean

If Application.UserName = "Jason" Then

WhoTo = InputBox("Name?", "Send EMail")
If Cancel Then
Exit Sub
End If

If WhoTo = "Jason" Then
Person = "
End If

Set gwapp = CreateObject("NovellGroupWareSession")
Set gwaccount = gwapp.Login(MyUserName, , MyPassword)
Set gwMessage = gwaccount.MailBox.Messages.add

Set TxtRange = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Click on the text you
want sent", Title:="Text Selection", Type:=8)
TxtRange.Select
gwMessage.BodyText = TxtRange

gwMessage.Subject = "Spreadsheet Stuff"
gwMessage.Recipients.add Person