Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default oh, and another thing

Hi Ted,

Here's a simple little function to get it

Public Declare Function GetUserName Lib "advapi32.dll" _
Alias "GetUserNameA" _
(ByVal lpBuffer As String, _
nSize As Long) As Long

Public Function UserName() As String
Dim sName As String * 256
Dim cChars As Long
cChars = 256
If GetUserName(sName, cChars) Then
UserName = Left$(sName, cChars - 1)
End If
End Function

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"ted daniels" wrote in message
in addition to my previous entry and completely un-
related, Is there anyway to return a string for
whichever user is logged on? We use Xp and log in in the
usual way and it would be useful to have something like

dim currentuser as string

if currentuser = "ARoberts" then
usefform21.show
blah blah blah