Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Range selection not working

Hi Kanan,

Rows("2:2") refers to the whole row, al 256 cells. You are copying 54 cells,
and when you try to paste 54 onto 256, you get an error. But if you try and
paste 54 onto 1 (which Range("A2") is, it copies across or down the
requisite number of cells, as in the source.

The same happens in Excel,. Select A1:J1 and copy. Then select row 5 and try
and paste, you will get an error. Select A5 and paste, and you will see it
paste all the way across to J5.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"kanan" wrote in message
Thank You Bob. That worked great.

But I am still not sure why Rows("2:2") is not the same as Range("A2").
I guess my understanding of the Rows is not correct. can you please

explain?
thanks
Kanan