Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rollin_Again[_9_] Rollin_Again[_9_] is offline

Default Using a "File-Open"-Window in a Excel Macro?

Here ya go Peter!

Attached is a workbook with the code to accomplish what you want. Jus
run the "BrowseForFolder" macro and you will be presented with
Windows Explorer window which will allow you to select a directory o
your choice. Once selected, click OK and the path to the director
will be placed in both a text box in the included form as well as i
the next available cell in column A of the workbook. Just step throug
the code and make whatever changes you need.

The original code which I obtained from a former co-worker wa
initially found on the internet last year. It was originally develope
as a stand-alone VB6 application but I modified it so that it could b
used with VBA for Excel. I have been using this code with severa
Excel macros I have written and it works great!! I hope you find it a
useful as me!

Rolli

Attachment filename: browse for folder.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=52086